Crikey, six whole months gone, where is the year going?! It feels like so much has happened, but at the same time…not…Let’s check out the progress!
My New Year’s Resolutions were:
- Lose weight – THIS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Well that’s a relief – I started this post thinking “heck, will there even be any change…”. I got properly on the eating better wagon about 9 weeks ago, and have finally lost a stone! So with another 6 weeks until my birthday (which was the reason for the August goal) there is hope for the size 14 jeans yet…
- Try yoga – Still haven’t got round to this one. Thing is, I KNOW IT’S GOING TO BE GOOD FOR ME. Come on, Miller, let’s get on with it.
- Successfully complete Couch to 5k – I’m actually laughing at this one. Still haven’t done it. But I can now do the first three days without wanting to die. Yay me! I’ll be honest, I am swimming more now, so maybe that’ll help the general fitness…
- Blog twice a week – Erm, all in all this is happening, I’ve missed a couple, and the 30 day challenges have been really helpful in keeping me on track (maybe cheating) but it’s going to plan so far…
- Learn to save money (at least a little)– This one I’m actually really proud of – I’ve been managing to both pay off my credit card and save money for our New York trip every month, I’m getting there!
- Get off my anti-anxiety meds – I completed this in March, and I’m over the MOON.
- Read more – Not going too badly, I’ve read 12 books this year – about on track for half way!
- Watch more – Not going as well as it should be, but I’ve seen a fair few decent films this year: Hidden Figures, La La Land, A Monster Calls, Despicable Me 3 (yeah that counts), Sing, The Dark Knight (no, I hadn’t seen it, yes I’m an idiot…)
- Keep a food diary – Haven’t actually done this, should have done this, getting round to this.
- Learn more about myself – It’s a bit hard to judge this one, and I recognised that when I set the goal, but I think I’m getting there. I’m learning what motivates me, I’m more comfortable in my own skin and more confident too. I’m also continually learning that drinking isn’t going to fix a situation in the long-term. Short term kinda helpful though.