Given that one of my aims in life is to be on Desert Island Discs, I’ve got this DOWN.
Although, no particular order, because I haven’t quite got that down yet.
- Mr Brightside, The Killers – Absolute banger. Put it on at a party, and if people don’t know the words, they shouldn’t have been invited in the first place.
- Life on Mars – David Bowie – My first intro to the seventies, and obsessive fandoms. If you haven’t watched the BBC Series Life on Mars, you really should
- Mardy Bum – Arctic Monkeys – Mine and my best friend’s song – always makes me smile.
- Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel – Mine and the boyfriend’s song. Not for any gooey reason, other than he got really drunk before we were dating, lay backwards on the floor and slurred it at me.
- The Cave – Mumford And Sons – I just love it
Honorable mentions to Bohemian Rhapsody and Don’t Rain On My Parade